Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Dilbert scenario

I know I’m not myself when I don’t write.

And it’s been almost a year since I had something to write about.

I’m OK, see. But I’m not happy.

I can hear my closest friends sighing heavily now. I bet they’re thinking: ‘Here she goes again – the Drama Queen.’

So, yeah, maybe these past months have been dramatic for me.

The company I work for was acquired by a much larger publicly listed corporation.

We all know that in a merger or acquisition, most of the ‘old’ employees leave when the new management comes in.

And now, at the onset of the first year of the acquisition, the main reason why I go to work everyday is nearly non-existent.

I miss my former boss.

See, he’s amazing.

And I love him.

Now, he barely comes to the office.

Boo-fucking-hoo, right?

Really, I shouldn’t be at all affected by this.

I mean, I still have my job – at time when most people in the world have lost theirs.

So I really should be thankful and stop this nonsense.

I’ve been telling myself this since April of 2008.

And I’m still moping.

Not good.

If only the new boss wasn’t so… pale.

And I’m not just talking about complexion here.

I’m getting whiny again.

I’m sad.

But most of all, I’m bored.

Nothing exciting has happened since my company was acquired.

At a time when a company should be making news (or noise) about surviving this global economic crisis, this communications officer has gone mute.

Why?

Beats me.

Go ask the Pointy-Haired Boss.

No comments: